Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 1/4/2018
Agenda Category: Contracts
Agenda Item Title: Contracts
Person Responsible: Dr. Robert Clark, Associate Superintendent/Chief Business Officer
On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $88,300 in 2017 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for review are the following contract(s):
- Dutra, Cerro, Graden, Inc. - Phase I Preliminary Feasibility Study for staff housing, $25,000.00
- Friends of Vision Literacy - Provided limited English speaking parents and their children instruction, parenting skills, and literacy focused child development at Castro, and Graham School. $35, 250.00
- Health Connected - Sexual health education programs $17,450
- Just Read - provide one-on-one tutoring services and in-classroom tutoring services on campus during the school day, focusing on development of English literacy and math skills $ no cost to MVWSD
- Kidizens - Civic and economic afterschool enrichment program at Bubb School $no cost to MVWSD
- MathGymUSA - Offer a well-integrated student-parent weekend enrichment program at Castro School $7,800.00
- Sage Renewables - PG&E Interconnection Agreement Application $10,500.00
See Rationale for details.
That the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts as presented.