Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 10/4/2018
Agenda Category: REVIEW AND ACTION
Agenda Item Title: Board Policy No. 1312.3, Uniform Complaint Procedure Revision (5 minutes)
Person Responsible: Heidi Smith, Director of Federal, State and Strategic Programs
Board Policy (BP) 1312.3, Uniform Complaint Procedure update
Overview of the policy
Board Policy No. 1312.3, Uniform Complaint Procedure includes changes recommended by the Federal Program Monitoring audit incorporating federal program requirements regarding the handling of uniform complaints.
This policy was last amended / adopted on April 6, 2017. For the most part, the language in the policy remains the same with the exception of the following items:
Summary list of changes in the policy
- Introduction designating Mountain View Whisman School District will investigate any violations of Federal and State laws governing educational programs in compliance with the LCAP.
- Definition of a complainant in relation to a uniform complaint.
- Specific program and activities listed (26) subject to Uniform Complaint Procedures are listed according to Federal and State codes and regulations.
- Includes Uniform Complaint appeal process and alignment to Federal and State guidelines.
- The addition of United States Codes and federal regulations under the legal reference section of the policy.
That the Board approve Board Policy No. 1312.2, Uniform Complaint Procedure to meet current federal and state requirements at first reading, as presented.