Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 9/20/2018
Agenda Category: Contracts
Agenda Item Title: Contract(s) for Ratification or Review
Person Responsible: Robert Clark, Ed.D., Chief Business Officer
On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $88,300 in 2017 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for ratification are the following contract(s):
- Community Health Awareness Council (CHAC) - Provide Individual Counseling/Psycho-Educational Groups/Crisis and Grief Counseling to MVWSD students $447,300.00
Presented for review are the following contract(s):
- DJ Circle Entertainment - DJ for Graham School dance $795.00
- Friends of Vision Literacy - ESL classes for parents district-wide $36,825.00
- Jewish Coalition for Literacy - Tutoring program at Castro School students in grades K-3 $no cost to MVWSD
- Kate O'Malley - Coaching services for early childhood education $10,920.00
- Kidizens - Civic and economic afterschool enrichment program $no cost to MVWSD
- KidzToPros - Afterschool enrichment program (robotics club) at Bubb School $no cost to MVWSD
- Leland Stanford Junior Univ. - Student Teacher Education Program $no cost to MVWSD
- Parent Institute for Quality Education - Parent education program at Castro and Graham School designed to help parents engage in and advocate for the education of their children $13,250 each site
- Science is Elementary, Inc. - Develop a proposal plan for new innovations in method and approach of teaching science. $4,880
See Rationale for details.
That the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts as presented.