Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 9/6/2018
Agenda Category: Contracts
Agenda Item Title: Contract(s) for Ratification or Review
Person Responsible: Robert Clark, Ed.D., Chief Buisness Officer
On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $90,200 in 2018 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for ratification are the following contract(s):
- 101 Therapy Staffing, Inc. - Provide contracted Special Ed teachers, instructional aides, and additional contracted service providers $302,379.00
- McArthur & Levin LLP - Attorneys to provide legal counsel to Special Education Department $25,000.00
- Santa Clara Office of Ed/Walden West - Science Camp for 5th grade MVWSD student's $180,000.00
- Therapy Travelers - Provide contracted service providers such as Special Ed, Resource, Speech & Language Pathologist teachers $254,320.00
- Therapy Travelers/3 Chords Inc. - Provide contracted service providers such as Special Ed, Resource, Speech & Language Pathologist teachers $137,632.00
Presented for review are the following contract(s):
- Community School of Music and Art - Art and music classes for Theuerkauf and Castro Preschool Programs $2,000.00
- DCG Strategies - Real estate consulting services related to the construction of teacher housing $10,000.00
- Foothill De Anza College - Family Engagement Program to provide parenting classes and professional development for Castro, Mistral and Graham School families $17,000.00
- Innovate Public Schools - Leadership coaching for Theresa Lambert $5,000.00
- Kidz To Pros, Inc - Afterschool enrichment program (hip hop/scratch) at Bubb School $no cost to MVWSD
- Santa Clara County Office of Education, School-Based Suicide Prevention and Crisis Intervention Partnership $3146.53
See Rationale for details.
That the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts, as presented.