Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 6/2/2022
Agenda Category: Contracts
Agenda Item Title: Contracts
Ron Wheelehan, Interim Chief Business Officer
On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an item of expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $99,100 in 2022 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for ratification are the following contract(s):
- Community School of Music and Arts- Will provide art/music classes for the elementary sites for the 2022-2023 school year, $427,822.00.
- Santa Clara County Office of Education- Will provide technical QSS and Network Access Services for the 2022-2023 school year, $123,117.09.
- Second Start/Pine Hills School NPS- Will provide Special Education Non Public Schools placement for the 2022-2023 school year, approximately $100,068.00, depending on services provided.
- Soliant- Is a staffing contractor who will provide Speech/Language Pathologists to the Special Education Department during the 2022-2023 school year, approximately $258,912.00, depending on the services provided.
- Therapy Travelers- Is a staffing contractor who will provide Speech/Language Pathologists and LVN Nurse to the Special Education Department during the 2022-2023 school year, approximately $855,600.00, depending on the contract hires.
Presented for review are the following contract(s):
- Booth Electric, Inc.- Will provide replacement of all circuit breakers for the main electrical switchgear at Crittenden Middle, $42,497.00.
- Imagine Learning- Will provide a license for Newcomer students for the 2022-2023, district-wide, and 4 professional development for teachers, $14,250.00.
- Kate O'Malley- Will provide coaching on elements of the QRIS Matrix including an August PD and on-going classroom support for State Preschool through the 2022-2023 school year, $20,000.00.
- Living Classroom- Will provide NGSS aligned, environmental education for students in TK-6th grade, district-wide, for the 2022-2023 school year, $60,000.00.
- n2y, LLC.- Will provide a Learning System renewal and Skills licenses renewal for the 2022-2023 school year for the Special Education Department, $7,063.77.
- Read Naturally- Will provide licenses renewal for the 2022-2023 school year for the Special Education Department, $2,850.00.
- Research Institute for Learning Development- Will provide SMARTS Elementary and Secondary license renewal for the 2022-2023 school year for Special Education that boosts literacy skills and reading comprehension, $6,783.00.
- Run for Fun- Will provide organized and inclusive activities and games for any and all interested students on Tuesdays and Fridays from 11:30 AM to 12:45 PM at Imai Elementary from September 06, 2022 through May 31, 2023, not to exceed $6,000.00.
- Sunbelt Staffing, LLC-A Licensed staffing agency providing supplemental staffing such as Speech Language Pathologist, School Nurses RN/LP & augmentative and alternative communication from May 2022 through June 2022, $12,900.00.
- Texthelp- Will provide Read and Write license renewal for the 2022-2023 school year for the Special Education Department, $9,147.60.
- YMCA Project Cornerstone- Will support MVWSD's efforts to provide a positive school climate by educating both adults and students on how to create an environment where all youth succeed and thrive through the 2022-2023 school year, $10,500.00.
See background details.
It is recommended that the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts, as presented.