Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 11/4/2021
Agenda Category: Contracts
Agenda Item Title: Contracts
Rebecca Westover, Ed.D., Chief Business Officer
On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an item of expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $96,700 in 2021 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for ratification are the following contract(s):
Presented for review are the following contract(s):
- Helber Hastert & Fee Planners- Will provide advisory consulting services to support COVID pandemic, different enrollment growth patterns, and utilization of various campus facilities for district-level needs from November 4, 2021 through November 4, 2022, not to exceed $15,000.
- HeyTutor Inc.- First Amendment to the Independent Contractor for Professional Services (Board approved 10/07/2021) between MVWSD and HeyTutor to reflect changes to the COVID-19 provisions relating to vaccination and testing.
- HeyTutor Inc.- Will provide onsite tutoring for Landels' students during the school day between 11/08/2021-05/27/2022, not to exceed $20,000.
- Second Start/Pine Hill School- Will provide an NPS place for SPED students for the 2021-2022 school year, $46,081.
- TrueVision Academy, Inc.- First Amendment to the Independent Contractor for Professional Services (Board approved 10/07/2021) between MVWSD and TrueVision Academy to reflect changes to the COVID-19 provisions relating to vaccination and testing.
See background details.
It is recommended that the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts as presented.