Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 10/7/2021
Agenda Category: Contracts
Agenda Item Title: Contracts
Rebecca Westover, Ed.D., Chief Business Officer
On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an item of expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $96,700 in 2021 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for ratification are the following contract(s):
- Hey Tutor- Will provide in-person tutoring personnel during the school day to support RTI instruction at the elementary schools during the 2021-2022 school year, $327,600.
- TrueVision Academy, Inc. DBA Sylvan Learning Center- Will provide in-person tutoring for select upper grade students at Castro and Mistral Elementary School. This tutoring will take place on the school campus after school during the 2021-2022 school year, $199,680.
Presented for review are the following contract(s):
- Iinterpret- Will provide interpreting services for Special Education IEP meetings for the 2021-2022 school year, $25,000.
- Kate O'Malley- Will provide coaching for the Preschool staff on elements of the QRIS Matrix from October, 2021 through April, 2022, $5,250.
- Koppel & Gruber Public Finance- Will provide special tax consulting services for the 2021-2022 school year, not to exceed $19,500.
See background for details.
It is recommended that the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts, as presented.