On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $96,700 in 2021 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for ratification are the following contract(s):
1. Olimpico Learning - Provide Academic Summer Program for 2021. Program dates are 6/14/2021 to 7/9/2021. $192,000
Presented for review are the following contract(s):
1. Dannis Woliver Kelley Attorneys at Law (DWK) - District appoints Attorney to represent, advise and counsel. Fee based on services provided by mutual agreement for special projects or particular scopes of work.
2. E.J. Plumbing - Provide hydro jetting service for storm drains at Monta Loma, Theuerkauf, and Crittenden school sites. $15,600
3. Grammar Gallery - District wide license for ELL students. $4,950
4. Happy Hollow Park & Zoo - Zoo Education Program - Provide virtual education program based on Next Generation Science Standards, incorporating educational animal species to Bubb Elementary School students. One program session via Zoom, date to be determined for May 25, 2021, May 27, 2021 or June 1, 2021. $1,150
5. Illuminate Education - School City Software License for 2021 - 2022 school year. $39,449.20
6. Linkedin - Provides MVWSD with access to high quality learning content. $4,875.00
7. My Digital TAT2 - Provide two parent engagement workshops for Castro parents. Program dates are May 11, 2021 through May 12, 2021. $4,000
8. Valdés Math - Summer Math Program for 4th-7th graders from June 15, 2021 to July 27, 2021. $15,000
See background for details.
It is recommended that the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts as presented.