Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 8/22/2019
Agenda Category: Contracts
Agenda Item Title: Contract(s) for Ratification or Review
Person Responsible: Rebecca Westover, Chief Business Officer
On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $92,600 in 2019 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for ratification are the following contract(s):
- Santa Clara County Office of Education - Walden West 5th grade science camp $165.000
Presented for review are the following contract(s)
- After School Life - Creative writing and Scratch coding classes at Bubb School $no cost to MVWSD PTA sponsored
- Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) - One-year Leadership Coaching $3,750
- Axiom Analytix - Update School Accountability Report Card (SARC) for each school site and Spanish translation of each SARC $11,550
- California Department of Education - State Preschool Program MVWSD to receive reimbursement
- Community School of Music and Arts - Art4Schools program at Bubb School $2,970
- DRYCO Construction - Installation of gates for the front fence for the SDC rooms at Monta Loma $2,445
- Imagine Learning - Language and literacy annual student license renewal $14,250
- Kate Kinsella - Parent workshop on February 12, 2020, $6,000
- KidToPros - After School Hip Hop enrichment class $no cost to MVWSD
- Learning A-Z - Site license for Landels School used to supplement EL materials $2,501.90
- Living Classroom - provide garden-based lessons for students in TK - 8th grade $83,250
- MEAT Solutions - Provision of PowerSchool Customization Manager Services $5,331
- Pearson - Additional Enrichment (understanding of the SIOP Model and includes RTI process to support Els and newcomers) sessions added to the previous board approved contract. $10,000
- Sanchez Concrete Construction - Repair of the concrete walkway at Monta Loma $3,200
- Santa Clara County Office of Ed - Credentialed Librarian of Record services $2,550
- Santa Clara County Office of Ed - Provide professional learning to middle school math teachers with 9 learning sessions $4,680
- Santa Clara County Office of Ed - Provide professional development for teachers to understand Differentiated Instruction and how to meet the needs of all students. $2,340
- Santa Clara University - Student Teacher Program $no cost to MVWSD
- Science is Elementary - SiE will provide NGSS training for all district staff and provide classroom teacher support on science and literacy integration $64,000
- The Green Room - Direction, choreography, and production of Fall 2019 musical at Crittenden Middle School $10,000
See Rationale for details.
It is recommended that the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts as presented.