Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 3/7/2019
Agenda Category: Contracts
Agenda Item Title: Contract(s) for Ratification or Review
Person Responsible: Ron Wheelehan, Interim Chief Business Officer
On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $88,300 in 2017 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for ratification are the following contract(s):
- Olimpico Learning - Academic Summer Program 2019 $160, 000
- Santa Clara County Office of Ed. - Provide Technical QSS and Network Access Services $117,785.50
Presented for review are the following contract(s):
- AA Fire Systems - Agreement for sprinkler repair for various sites $3,100.67
- Creative Learning Center - Non-Public School student placement $30,000
- David R. Azcarraga - Consulting agreement for Technical Advice and Professional Services related to the efficient operation of Facilities Dept. $5,000
- DJ Circle Entertainment - Crittenden Middle School student dance $795.00
- Document Tracking Service - Continuation of the license agreement for a web-based application for LCAP template and Student Achievement template $10,930
- Dryco Construction - Bike Enclosure for Crittenden and Graham Middle School $38,480
- Imagineerz Learning - 10 classes of STEM meets Mindset for 3rd-5th graders at Bubb School $no cost to MVWSD
- KidzToPros - After school enrichment (circuits) class and lunchtime hip hop class $no cost to MVWSD
- Pacific Oaks College - Partnership with MVWSD serving multiple subjects and mild/moderate special education and student teaching interns $no cost to MVWSD
- San Jose State University - Partnership with MVWSD to host students in service-learning, internship, and other forms of community engagement $no cost to MVWSD
- Santa Clara County Office of Ed. - Professional Development in Math for Mistral teachers $260.00
- Terris Barnes Walters Boigon Heath Inc. dba: TBWB - Assist in evaluating the electoral feasibility of a bond or parcel tax measure $26,000 for 2018-2019, $50,500 for 2019-2020
See Rationale for details.
That the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts as presented.