Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 1/24/2019
Agenda Category: Contracts
Agenda Item Title: Contract(s) for Ratification or Review
Person Responsible: Robert Clark, Ed.D., Chief Business Officer
Background: On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $88,300 in 2017 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for ratification are the following contract(s):
Presented for review are the following contract(s):
- Acknowledge Alliance - Social-emotional learning workshop for 4th graders at Huff School $no cost to MVWSD
- Educational Consulting - Workshop to provide information on dyslexia: possible causes, impact, early markers etc. for Special Education staff $3000
- Code for Fun - Game design from scratch after-school program at Bubb School $no cost to MVWSD
- Communication Academy - Teaching Creative Writing classes at Bubb School $no cost to MVWSD
- Kidizens - Civics and economics after school enrichment program at Bubb School $no cost to MVWSD
- Peninsula Youth Theater - Improvisation and public speaking classes for 2nd-grade students at Huff School $no cost to MVWSD
- Society of Young Inklings - Creative writing classes for 3rd-grade students at Huff School $no cost to MVWSD
See Rationale for details.
That the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts as presented.