Mountain View Whisman School District
Agenda Item for Board Meeting of 1/10/2019
Agenda Category: Contracts
Agenda Item Title: Contract(s) for Ratification or Review
Person Responsible: Robert Clark, Ed.D., Chief Business Officer
Background: On November 19, 2015, the District's Governing Board approved Resolution No. 1580.11/15 delegating authority to award contracts to the District's Superintendent, Chief Business Officer, Associate Superintendent(s), and Assistant Superintendent(s) pursuant to Education Code sections 17604 and 17605.
All contracts approved by those authorized to do so pursuant to that delegation authority are to be submitted to the District's Governing Board for ratification. Contracts that do not, however, involve an expenditure in excess of the bid limits specified in Public Contract Code section 20111 need only be reviewed by the District's Governing Board every 60 days. The applicable bid limits are $15,000 for construction contracts and $88,300 in 2017 (adjusted annually) for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, non-construction services, or repairs including maintenance.
Presented for ratification are the following contract(s):
Presented for review are the following contract(s):
- Acknowledge Alliance - Provide Social-Emotional learning lessons in grades 3-5 at Monta Loma $5000.00
- DJ Circle - Student body dance at Crittenden Middle School on January 18, 2019, $945.00
- Foothill De Anza Community College - Two part series STEAM family engagement workshop for Theuerkauf $2000.00
- Just Read - Provide 1:1 in classroom tutoring in Math and Reading schools participating Theuerkauf, Crittenden, Monta Loma $5000 per site
- Science is Elementary Hands-on science classes for kindergarten student's at Huff School $no cost to MVWSD
- University of Southern California - Placement agreement for student teachers $no cost to MVWSD
See Rationale for details.
That the Board of Trustees ratify or review the contracts as presented.